Kids on Wheels, a program of the BC Cycling Coalition, is looking for instructors and assistant instructors for our exciting program this spring and summer! In this program, through the use of balance bikes (pedal-less bikes) and classroom activities, such as books, bike toys, songs and discussions, children are exposed to active lifestyles at the earliest possible age.
We are looking for people who are:
Passionate about cycling and have a basic knowledge of bikes
Have experience working with young children (aged 3-5), are enthusiastic and comfortable around kids
- Open to new ideas and suggestions - able to follow the Kids on Wheels lesson plan while also staying flexible and able to improvise according to each group and child's needs
Reliable and responsible
- Able to work with others collaboratively and ability to work independently
Able to carry a large number of small bikes and boxes with gear
- Have a clear criminal record
- Available for week long sessions from May to the end of August and some weekend events (you don't have to be available for everything, we'll schedule instructors according to availability)
- Able to help with transportation of the gear either with a vehicle or with an electric bike is a plus
We will run five-day sessions all over Vancouver from May to the end of August. You’ll need to be there for about 3-5 hours every day including set-up and tear-down. Sessions happen either in the morning or afternoon. There will be a two hour training session before we start running the sessions. There might also be some prep work to be done at home, all additional hours will be paid.
In addition, we'll be participating in some weekend events such as Car Free Day with our Kids on Wheels Zone. Typically you'll need to be there for about 6-8 hours (including breaks).
If you have a vehicle and are able to help with transportation of gear we'll pay for your driving time and vehicle expenses.
The payment is between $15-20 per hour depending on experience.
Our program is growing! Kids on Wheels will have many more sessions next year, so you might have more work opportunities with us in the future!
Please send a short cover letter and resume to the Kids on Wheels Coordinator Maya Goldstein by Thursday, April 25th, 2019, at [email protected]. Please indicate when you think you'll be available. We thank all applicants for your interest, however only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.